Onslow Residents’ Community Association (ORCA) is an incorporated society established in November 2017 by a group of civic minded residents. We represent the interests of residents and community groups in Khandallah, Broadmeadows and Kaiwharawhara. For as long as we can remember, our three areas have not had an active and effective body through which their collective views can be expressed to local government and other groups.
OUR VISION FOR OUR COMMUNITY
Our vision is that ORCA is a catalyst to help create a community that is healthy, connected, resilient, engaged and progressive.
- To be a conduit between the community and authorities or relevant groups
- (organisations, council, government)
- To represent the views and interests of the Khandallah, Broadmeadows and
- Kaiwharawhara communities.
- To promote, develop and improve the public services and facilities for our community.
- To foster a sense of community
ORCA has established the following sub-committees that cover the following portfolios.
These groups meet each month or as required. Each group is led by a member of the main committee but other group members need not be members of it.